We adore Thee, o Christ, and we praise Thee.
Because by Thy holy Cross Thou hast redeemed the world.
Click on the images below to go through the Stations of the Cross.
THE PROMISES MADE BY OUR LORD TO THOSE WHO HAVE DEVOTION TO THE WAY OF THE CROSS.~Jesus to Brother Estanislao
- I promise eternal life to those who pray, from time to time, the Way of the Cross.
- I promise them my greatest graces.
- I will deliver the faithful from purgatory on the first Tuesday or Friday after their death.
- I promise them a special glory in Heaven.
- I will grant them everything they ask through praying the Way of the Cross with faith.
- I will grant them the remission of all their sins, even if they be as scarlet; if they be more than the grains of sand on the seashore and the stars in the heavens, all of them will be erased by the Way of the Cross.
- I will preserve them from sudden death.
- I promise them my special protection; my hands will always be open to protect them.
- I will bless them at each Way of the Cross and my blessing will follow them everywhere on earth, and after their death, in Heaven for all eternity.
- They will be assured of being joined to the Supreme Choir Of Angels.
- I will give them the grace never again to commit a mortal sin for I will give them the grace never again to separate themselves from me.
- I will lift all power from the devil at the hour of death that they may repose tranquilly in my arms
- I will make of each one of them a living ciborium in which it will please me to pour my graces
- I will give them a special drought from the fountain of My Deity.
- As I am nailed to the cross, so also will I always be with those who honour me in making the Way Of The Cross frequently.
(Brother Estanisloa was born in 1903. At an early age, he entered the Christian schools of charity in Bugedo, Spain. Here he took vows of regularity, perfection and pure love. In October 1926 he offered himself to Jesus through Mary. Soon after this heroic donation he fell ill and was obliged to rest. He died in the odor of sanctity in March, 1927 of tuberculosis. According to the master of novices he was a privileged soul who received messages from heaven. Confessors and theologians recognize these supernatural facts. His spiritual director asked him to write down the promises made by Our Lord to those who have devotion to the Way of the Cross as written here.)
II. HOW TO GAIN A PLENARY INDULGENCE FOR MAKING THE STATIONS – FROM THE ENCHIRIDION. OF INDULGENCES, No. 26:
To gain a plenary indulgence for making the Stations it is necessary to move from Station, to meditate on the sufferings of Our Lord (no specific prayers are required), and to have the intention of gaining the indulgence. (Indulgences can always be applied to the Souls in Purgatory.)
Moreover, “To acquire a plenary indulgence , it is necessary to perform the work to which the indulgence is attached and to fulfil three conditions: sacramental Confession, Eucharistic Communion and prayer for the intentions of the Supreme Pontiff (e.g., one ‘Our Father’ and one ‘Hail Mary’). It is further required that all attachment to sin, even to venial sin, be absent.”